Monday, March 14, 2011

Intentional Re-Creation

Missed me? Somehow I don't think you missed me that much, but if you did, I'm back!  I took a few days off. My husband and I went out to Long Island to visit a bunch of local breweries and wineries. We took off and left town for a few reasons:

1. I was feeling really drained and tired.

2. I needed to spend time away with my husband.

3. I needed to pay attention to taking care of me.

4. I needed to pay attention to taking care of my marriage.

5. I needed to recreate in order to be able to create.

6. My husband and I haven’t been away together (alone, without kids) for over 2 years.

7. I was having some writer’s block.

8. We were doing “research” for a future enterprise my husband dreams about which included tasting wine and beer. How could we not have fun?

Sometimes we’ve got to take a step back from all the demands the world creates on our time.

Sometimes we’ve got to take a step back from all the demands we think are important.

So we can remember what is really important.

Scenes of the devastation in Japan were just the cement on the plan to get away, so we could find ourselves.

There’s a reason we are supposed to take a day of rest as God commanded. The problem is we often don’t really do it. We don’t give our lives a day of rest. We don’t give ourselves a day to truly be re-created.

We had a great time. We feel much more connected to each other. I feel like I can breathe again.

What recreation do you do to recapture the feeling of being re-created by God?

No comments:

Post a Comment